Chitika banner

Friday, December 29, 2006

Edelman stirs up a Vista storm with Acer Ferraris

There are times when being an innocent bystander is a magical thing.

I got word of Edelman's latest through Scoble and I personally think he's right about the ethics.

Still, hearing positive comments like Scott Beale's about the Acer Ferrari 1000 and Ferrari 5000s "given" to some of the world's leading bloggers by Microsoft in collaboration with AMD to promote Vista really made me chuckle.

Brilliant move I say. But then I would, wouldn't I?

Update 1: For the record, Acer's PR team here in EMEA new nothing of this. I wish we had - I'd never have passed an opportunity like this to push the Ferraris.

Update 2: I think MS has a soft spot for Acer when it comes to big launches. When Bill Gates launched Windows XP Tablet edition back in 2002, he used an Acer C100 to do it.

No comments: