Chitika banner

Monday, October 09, 2006

Beta website

Anyone been to the Acer websites in the US or EMEA regions recently?

I say "sites" because each country has it's own, which, of course is all part of the same.

If you have you may have noticed the odd change here and there... Well, the old site was a little, emm... old wasn't it?

In a bold move towards making the site more customer-related (Thanks Kathy!) and to give Acer a chance to introduce the new horizontal split between private users, professionals, SMBs and large enterprises, Acer has shifted away from the old "stand-and-deliver!" style presentation to a much more "talk-to-me" site.

It was never going to be easy to modify the way so much information is presented but, like I mentioned in an earlier post, change happens and it's certainly happening at Acer.

A site designed to be translated into 14 languages and offering as many inter-related products and solutions is never going to be easy to implement, but I personally like the change because for the first time my mother narrowed her choice down to 5 notebooks before asking me what to look for.

There are gaps - we know only too well - and we're working as fast as we can to fill them so hang tight.

One more thing. If there's anything you'd really like to see on the site, let me know. You never know, they might even agree to put it up.

No comments: