Chitika banner

Friday, November 10, 2006

Irresistible


I know I said I would write in a few days but first impressions count right?

Admittedly I haven’t lived with the Ferrari 1000 for any length of time yet but straight away I know I could. It’s gorgeous. The design is superb, and it’s sooo damned light.

Seeing as the problem lies in this external DVD player, the very first thing I did once I got it powered up was watch a DVD video and admittedly I wasn’t on a plane, but I see no immediate problems with having the thing outside, although I concede that it doesn’t give you the peace of mind you get from knowing that on that one-in-a-million occasion when you actually need a built-in DVD while on the go it’s there.

Still, for everyday mobile use, this thing is amazing. Packaging is on a level with Apple’s iPod, it doesn’t creak or flex like my “old” TravelMate 4674 does (admittedly after serious abuse) and it’s got that über-cool VoIP bluetooth phone gizmo I can’t stop raving about. Can’t wait to try that out on a few unsuspecting relatives.

So this is a teaser I guess. At least till I get round to writing something more, emm, professional.

PS The Leftfield CD was put there to give you an idea of size, not to express my musical tastes…

1 comment:

Mats Henricson said...

Good luck with your Ferrari, Michael! I'm happy with my LG LW25 Core 2 Duo box so far. The only things I've noticed is that the keyboard isn't as solid as I had hoped. Not too bad, just that sometimes punching a key doesn't give me a letter on the screen. I'm 98% satisfied, though. No big deal. Also used it to display DVD's at my oldest sons birthday party, and it worked really well. Oh, and shutting down the system is sometimes pretty slow. Probably an XP issue, not LG issue.

Tried booting Ubuntu/Kubuntu 6.10 on it the other day. Not a slam dunk experience, but pretty encouraging.

Mats